Get more value from your distributor relationships
- Improve long term competitive advantage
- Recognise which distributor relationships deliver the most value
- Provide consistent ways of working across different distribution channels
Distributor relationships are often complex to manage, but they represent a major sales channel for many manufacturers. Distributor relationships are about more than just contracts, or length of services, here at STAR we have developed a distributor management tool that ensures you can;
- Get more value out of your distributor relationships, regardless of how long they are
- Work towards a joint vision with your distributor partners
- Move to ‘valued partner’ status with your key channel partners
- Provide a realistic framework to manage distributor partnerships
Help us to start the development of a common way of working and ‘good practice sharing’ for the way we manage our distributors across the world.
Task given to STAR
We worked closely with the senior leadership team to develop an interactive forum for the distributor management teams from key regions and markets around the world.
Over a two day period we worked interactively, sharing the twinning’s/Ovo way, identified good practice , explored in-house case studies and undertook Q&A surgeries on distributor management and development.
The start of the story ~ choosing to work together
The Principals ~ Distributor Management Architecture
The role of data , information, knowledge and insight
Value chain and margin structure
Dynamics Managing Performance
A network and platform for sharing good practice.
A global standard introduced socialised and work shopped with the team.
Key areas identified for focus and follow up in the 2014 forum.